COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. An inspiring look at the work of civil rights leader and social activist Congressman John Lewis.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent depictions of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a historical context - little blood and detail
- Infrequent depictions of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Courage and compassion
- Civil rights
- Social activism
Rated PG for violence and coarse language