COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Science Fiction/Drama. Two paramedics (Anthony Mackie, Jamie Dornan) come across a series of strange injuries linked to a new drug, and the implications start to impact their personal lives.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - some blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of transformations and violence in a horror context - some blood and gory detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco, alcohol, and illegal substance use in a recreational content
- Coping with loss
- Perspectives on mortality
- The bonds of friendship
Rated 14A for coarse language and gory scenes in a genre context