COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. In 1996 South Carolina, a young man (Garrett Hedlund) involved in the opening of a museum celebrating the Ku Klux Klan falls in love with a woman (Andrea Riseborough) who doesn't share his racist views.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context, sometimes in an aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of sexual slurs
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence - some blood, little detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions in an assault context - no nudity, some detail
- Forgiveness and kindness
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence