COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. After a home invasion leaves their family traumatized, a man (Owain Yeoman) and woman (Katie Holmes) move to an English estate where their son (Christopher Convery) finds a mysterious doll.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to hand violence, some in a horror context - little blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Coping with loss
- Obsession and fixation
- The real and the unreal
Rated 14A for frightening scenes and violence