COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Bengali-language Thriller. 26 years after a series of brutal murders, a notorious killer (Anirban Bhattacharya) is released from prison and a police detective (Parambrata Chatterjee) is charged with tracking him down when a series of similar murders takes place.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - some blood and brutal detail
- Infrequent references to sexual activity - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drug use in a recreational context
- Appearance versus reality
- Uncovering the truth
Rated 14A for substance use, coarse language, and violence