COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Action. Based on characters from DC. After breaking up with the Joker, Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) must protect a young thief (Ella Jay Basco) from a Gotham crime lord (Ewan McGregor).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual and developmental slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence – blood and some brutal detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco, alcohol, and illegal substance use in a recreational context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions – no nudity, some detail
- Coping with loss
- Independence and self-reliance
- Trust and solidarity
Rated 14A for coarse language and brutal violence