COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. A health inspector (David Thewlis) goes about his work while trying to understand the circumstances that caused his daughter (Laysla De Oliveira) to go to jail.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of self-harm - some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - some sound, no nudity or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Coping with loss
- Uncovering the truth
- The bonds of family
Rated 14A for coarse language