COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. After receiving a letter from his estranged father (Stephen McHattie), a man (Elijah Wood) travels to his remote home to see him.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions, often in an aggressive context
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence - much blood and brutal detail
- Infrequent buttock, breast, and male frontal nudity in a sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Appearance versus reality
- Uncovering the truth
- Father/son bonds
Rated 18A for brutal violence, coarse language, and nudity