COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Drama. In 18th century France, a painter (Noémie Merlant) travels to a remote island to paint a young woman's (Adèle Haenel) portrait.
- Infrequent portrayals of abortion – no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes – breast nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in historical and recreational contexts
- Longing and belonging
- Love and desire
- Freedom and independence
Rated PG for some sexually suggestive scenes and nudity, as well as some mature subject matter involving abortion