COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the book by Virginia Woolf. After Queen Elizabeth I (Quentin Crisp) commands him not to grow old, a young nobleman (Tilda Swinton) struggles with love and his place in the world.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and weapons violence – no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes – no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Gender and power
- Longing and belonging
- Identity, desire, and sexuality
Rated PG for some nudity and violence