COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. The members of the Red Crow Mi'gMaq reserve (Michael Greyeyes, Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers, Forrest Goodluck) discover that they are immune to a deadly zombie virus.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of sexual slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references – some detail
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, some involving children – blood, dismemberment, and gory detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis use in a recreational context; infrequent portrayals of prescription drug use in an abuse context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions – detail
- Group dynamics under pressure
- Teamwork and community
Rated 18A for gory violence