COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Fantasy/Horror. After running away from home, a teenage girl (Sophia Lillis) and her younger brother (Sam Leakey) find food and shelter with a mysterious old woman (Alice Krige) in the woods.
- Infrequent use of cursing
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence – some blood and gory detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes, transformations, and nightmarish imagery – some gory detail
- Portrayal of illegal substance use in a recreational context
- Sibling bonds
- Self-reliance and independence
- Power and control
Rated 14A for frightening scenes and some gory violence