COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Hindi-language Drama. After surviving an acid attack, a young woman (Deepika Padukone) joins an NGO to help acid attack survivors and petitions the courts to ban the sale of acid in India.
- Infrequent use of cursing and profanity
- Infrequent portrayals of acid attacks – some detail and suffering; infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, some in a civil unrest context – no blood, little detail
- Infrequent references to sexual assault – little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Coping with trauma
- Commitment and perseverance
- Gender and power
Rated PG for some detailed violence and mature subject matter