COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Portuguese-language Drama. In 1950s Rio de Janeiro, two sisters (Carol Duarte, Julia Stockler) are separated when one of them runs off with a Greek sailor.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence – no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity and sexually suggestive scenes – breast and buttock nudity, some detail
- Infrequent female frontal, male genital and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substance use in recreational and historical contexts
- Sibling bonds
- Gender, power, and independence
- Coping with loss
Rated 14A for sexual content and nudity