COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
English/Mandarin-language Thriller. Soon after an industrial accident in Africa, a mining executive (Lei Jiayin) living in Australia discovers that his company's technology may be flawed.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Uncovering the truth
- Greed and corruption
- Commitment and integrity
Rated 14A for violence and coarse language