COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. While in rehab, an actor (Lucas Hedges) reflects on his years as a child star (Noah Jupe) and his volatile father.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, some in a child abuse context – no blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and cannabis use, some involving children; infrequent portrayals of illegal substance use in an addiction context – some detail; infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in recreational and addiction contexts
- Public versus private lives
- Father/son bonds
- Addiction and trauma
Rated 14A for coarse language, substance abuse, and some violence