COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Comedy. With the Catholic Church experiencing several scandals, the conservative thinking Pope Benedict XVI (Anthony Hopkins) invites the future Pope Francis, Cardinal Jorge Bergloglio (Jonathan Pryce) to the Vatican to discuss the future of the Church.
- Infrequent use of mild cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual references - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence in a historical context - little blood, some detail; infrequent references to torture and sexual assault, some involving children - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Faith and integrity
- The value of friendship
- Tradition versus modernity
Rated PG for mature subject matter