COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Thriller/Mystery. After the death of a famous mystery writer (Christopher Plummer), a celebrated detective (Daniel Craig) is hired to find out if a member of his family (Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette, Michael Shannon, Chris Evans, Don Johnson) or staff (Ana de Armas) is responsible.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of sexual language and references
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, some in a suicide context – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions – some detail
- Family dynamics
- Uncovering the truth
- Trust, manipulation, and entitlement
Rated PG for coarse language and violence