COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Crime/Drama. Based on the book 'Wiseguy' by Nicholas Pileggi. The life of low-level mobster Henry Hill (Ray Liotta), from petty crime in the mid 1950s to his final arrest in the early 80s.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - some blood and brutal detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, little detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drug use in a recreational context
- Crime and community
- Navigating relationships
Rated 14A for coarse language, violence, and substance abuse