COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply province-wide and will be in place at least until January 21, 2021.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. Experts, academics, and media personalities discuss the prominence of people who behave like an asshole in contemporary culture.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; pervasive use of vulgar expressions; infrequent use of scatological slang and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals and depictions of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in film clip and sports contexts - no blood or detail; infrequent references to sexual harassment and assault, child abuse, bullying, and suicide – little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Power and control
- Abusive patterns of behaviour
Rated PG for coarse language in a documentary context