COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply province-wide and will be in place at least until January 21, 2021.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. Having spent much of his early life in prison, actor Danny Trejo discusses his career and how he has overcome a life of crime and addiction.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence in a cinematic context - much blood and gory detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use; frequent references to alcohol and illegal drug use in an addiction context - some detail
- Kindness and community service
- The importance of family
Rated 14A for coarse language and portrayals of violence in a documentary context