COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. Having spent much of his early life in prison, actor Danny Trejo discusses his career and how he has overcome a life of crime and addiction.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence in a cinematic context - much blood and gory detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use; frequent references to alcohol and illegal drug use in an addiction context - some detail
- Kindness and community service
- The importance of family
Rated 14A for coarse language and portrayals of violence in a documentary context