COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/War. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Unites States finds themselves at war with Japan and the US Navy (Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Nick Jonas) must protect America’s borders.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions and ethno-cultural slurs; infrequent portrayals of scatological slang
- Frequent portrayals of gun and weapons violence in a war context – some blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in recreational and historical contexts
- Heroism, bravery, and sacrifice
- Duty and commitment
Rated PG for war violence and coarse language