COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. In 1969, a former television star (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his stunt double (Brad Pitt) try to maintain their careers amidst social change in Los Angeles.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive or sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity; infrequent use of vulgar expressions and sexual language
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some involving animals – blood and brutal detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in recreational and historical contexts; infrequent portrayals of cannabis and illegal substance use in recreational and historical contexts – little detail
- Coping with change
- The Manson Family murders
- Navigating Hollywood
Rated 14A for brutal violence, coarse language, and some substance use