COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Korean-language Comedy/Thriller. An impoverished family (Song Kang-ho, Jang Hye-jin, Choi Woo-shik, Park So-dam) comes up with a scheme to gain employment with a wealthy family (Lee Sun-kyun, Cho Yeo-jeong, Jung Hyun-joon, Jung Ji-so).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual references – no detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent references to illegal drug use – no detail
- Class and privilege
- Family dynamics
- Appearances versus reality
Rated 14A for violence and coarse language, as well as some sexual content