COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Horror. In 1905, after double-crossing his gang, a thief (Jean-Pierre Lemaire) seeks refuge in a chateau where two mysterious women (Franca Maï, Brigitte Lahaie) live.
- Infrequent use of profanity and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - breast and buttock nudity, some detail
- Frequent breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Gender, power, and control
- Appearance versus reality
- Desire and jealousy
Rated 18A for nudity and detailed sexual content