Spanish-language Documentary. The life of pioneering singer Chavela Vargas, from her birth in Costa Rica in 1919 to her death in Mexico in 2012.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions and sexual slurs
- Infrequent breast nudity in a non-sexual, pictorial context
- Frequent depictions and discussions of alcohol use in an addiction context; infrequent depictions of tobacco use in a documentary context
- Gender, sexuality, and identity
- Self-expression through music
- The impact of addiction
Rated PG for coarse language and frequent references to alcohol addiction in a documentary context