Search for a film(Parental Guidance) Mature Subject Matter
Documentary. Excerpts from James Baldwin's writings and his unfinished manuscript 'Remember This House' recount the Civil Rights Movement and the history of racism in America.
- Frequent use of vulgar expressions and ethno-cultural slurs in historical and documentary contexts
- Frequent depictions of and references to weapons and hand-to-hand violence, many in policing and civil unrest contexts – little blood, some detail; frequent depictions of corpses, some in a lynching context – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a western context – brief breast nudity, little detail
- Frequent depictions of tobacco use in a historical context
- Race relations in America
- Activism and identity
- The life of a public intellectual
Rated PG for offensive language, violence, and mature subject matter in historical and documentary contexts
Classification dateFebruary 14, 2017
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.