French-language Drama. Based on the graphic novel ‘Le Bleu est une couleur chaude’ by Julie Maroh. An inexperienced young woman (Adèle Exarchopoulos) begins a passionate relationship with a painter (Léa Seydoux).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, sexual slurs, and sexual references, some in an aggressive context
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of sexual activity – male and female genital nudity; breast and buttock nudity
- The passion of first love
- Practical versus creative pursuits
- The awkwardness of youth
- Navigating sexual identity and desire
Rated R for detailed sexual content