Search for a film(Restricted) Sexual Violence
Crime/Drama. Based on the play by Tracy Letts. In contemporary Dallas, a small-time drug dealer (Emile Hirsch) concocts a plan to cash in on an insurance policy by hiring a contract killer (Matthew McConaughey), but his choices soon affect his entire family.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, sexual language, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, most in a brutal context – blood, detail, and impact
- Portrayal of sexual assault – detailed injury and suffering, no nudity
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity – female frontal nudity, some detail
- Frequent breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to illegal drug use – some detail
- The attractions of crime
- The limits of desperation
- Family loyalties
- Deception and betrayal
Rated R for brutal and sexual violence
Classification dateJuly 31, 2012
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.