COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The following documents are safety bulletins which are simplified guides to certain parts of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations. They are not substitutes to the acts and regulations and Alberta Transportation is not responsible for any omissions in these documents.
It is the responsibility of all handlers, offerors and transporters of dangerous goods to consult the regulations for the exact requirements before handling or moving the dangerous goods.
- A Guide to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Safety Marks
- Reporting Requirements
- All About Permit for Equivalent Level of Safety
Topic specific and industry-related
- Dangerous Goods and the Agricultural Industry
- Transportation of Asbestos as a Waste
- Batteries and Battery Fluids by Road
- Lithium Batteries (Transport Canada)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Bulk Dealers
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods for the Construction Industry
- Transportation of Soils Contaminated with Flammable Liquids
- Dangerous Goods Shipments by Courier and Passenger Vehicles
- Guidelines for the Establishment of Dangerous Goods Routes in Alberta Municipalities
- Transportation of Explosives
- A Guide to Grounding and Bonding of Tanks Carrying Flammable Liquid
- Transportation of Infectious Substances
- Limited and Excepted Quantities
- Transportation of Nitrogen by Road
- Transportation of Propane Cylinders and Bulk Tanks by Road
- Refrigerant Gases
- Transportation of Chemical Waste from School Laboratories
- Flammable Liquids in Slip Tanks and Other Consumer Means of Containment
- Dangerous Goods Transport Tanks
- Transportation of Welding Gases
- Thickness Testing on Highway and Portable Tanks (Transport Canada)
- New Requirements for Nurse Tanks Transporting Anhydrous Ammonia in Canada (Transport Canada)
- Volumetric Capacity on TC Highway Tanks (Transport Canada)
- Highway Tank Equipped with Crossover Piping or Equalization Lines (PDF, 198 KB)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gases Transported in Stationary Tanks Permanently Mounted on Trailers (PDF, 345 KB)
- Movement of a Means of Containment Following an Incident
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.