- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Decision-making capacity assessment – online training
Training dates to be announced.
This course is mandatory to get official designation from the Minister of Justice and Solicitor General.
Training will be online using Webex Meetings. Learners must attend by remote access for all 3 days and successfully complete a final exam.
This online 3-day course teaches participants how to complete decision-making capacity assessments in accordance with the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act (AGTA). The training is presented by the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT).
Who may apply
This training is only available to these 4 professions:
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Occupational Therapists
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- Registered Social Workers
Training dates and times
Training is presented online using Webex Meetings and runs each day from 9 am to 3 pm.
Day 1: To be announced.
Day 2: To be announced.
Day 3: To be announced.
Learners must take part in the training all 3 days and complete a final test.
Get on the OPGT list
For capacity assessors who want their contact information to be listed on this website.
If you’re a designated capacity assessor (not a physician or psychologist)
Fill out this form:
Capacity Assessor Roster Consent (PDF, 408 KB)
If you're a physician or psychologist
Fill out this form:
Important information about forms
- we prefer you complete the forms electronically – use blue ink if you must complete them by hand
- print the forms and submit a hardcopy original – photocopies aren’t accepted
- print all forms single-sided – the court won’t accept double-sided forms
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Co-decision-making capacity assessment
Adult guardianship and trusteeship capacity assessment
Specific decision-making capacity assessment
Form 6: Specific Decision Making (PDF, 131 KB)
Publications order form (PDF, 327 KB)