Training and workshops
Capacity assessment workshop for registered psychologists
- the workshop is free
- it will be presented online with Microsoft Teams
You must be a registered psychologist to register for this free workshop.
Thursday, March 17, 2022: 9 am to 3 pm
Friday, March 18, 2022: 9 am to 3 pm
This two-day workshop for registered psychologists interested in enhancing their assessment skills discusses the components required to complete decision-making capacity assessments under the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act and the Personal Directives Act.
The workshop is presented by the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT).
Registration closes Friday, March 11, 2022, or when the workshop is full.
You must be a registered psychologist to register.
You will need Microsoft Teams to take part.
The workshop is free.
The personal information collected through the Resources for Capacity Assessors web page may be used for contacting you about registration, training or changes affecting capacity assessors.
This personal information collection is authorized under section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Get on the OPGT list
For capacity assessors who want their contact information to be listed on this website.
If you’re a designated capacity assessor (not a physician or psychologist)
Fill out this form:
Capacity Assessor Roster Consent (PDF, 408 KB)
If you're a physician or psychologist
Fill out this form:
Important information about forms
- we prefer you complete the forms electronically – use blue ink if you must complete them by hand
- print the forms and submit a hardcopy original – photocopies aren’t accepted
- print all forms single-sided – the court won’t accept double-sided forms
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Fillable XDP forms
XDP forms allow you to fill out and save a form within your web browser.
- To save your partially completed form, click on the Save button at the top-right of the page or on the Save button at the bottom of the form. You will be asked to provide your email address prior to saving. Once the form is saved, you will be emailed a message with a link to your saved form. This link is active for 15 days.
- Once the form is completed, press the "Get Print Friendly PDF" button at the top-right of the page, or the "Print Version" button on the bottom of the form.
- This will create and open a PDF version of your filled-in form in a new browser tab. You must then print this PDF or save it to your computer.
Co-decision-making capacity assessment
Adult guardianship and trusteeship capacity assessment
Specific decision-making capacity assessment
Form 6: Specific Decision Making (PDF, 131 KB)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.