Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP)

Low income Albertans with mobility challenges can apply for grants to modify their home.


Low income Albertans can apply for a RAMP grant for:

  • up to $7,500 per person each benefit year (April 1 to March 31)
  • up to $15,000 per person within 10 years


For more information on eligibility for RAMP, refer to the RAMP Guidelines and Criteria.

Eligible applicants

You may be eligible for a RAMP grant if you are:

  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has lived in Alberta for 90 continuous days
  • an Albertan of any age who uses a wheelchair or a senior (65+ years) who uses a 4-wheel walker on an ongoing basis
  • living with a progressive neuro-degenerative disease including:
    • multiple sclerosis
    • muscular dystrophy
    • ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Parkinson's disease
    • Alzheimer's disease
    • spina bifida
    • spinal cord injuries
    • non-recovering stroke
  • a homeowner, tenant or living with family
  • an Indigenous person living off- or on-reserve
  • within the income guidelines listed below for your family size

RAMP income thresholds

*exceptions may be made for income within $1200 of the relevant income threshold

Family sizeMaximum family incomeFamily sizeMaximum family income
Single Adult$36,900Couple, no children$46,500
Single Adult, 1 child$46,500Couple, 1 child$56,100
Single Adult, 2 children$56,100Couple, 2 children$65,700
Single Adult, 3 children$65,700Couple, 3 children$75,300
Single Adult, 4 children$75,300Couple, 4 children$84,900
Single Adult, 5 children$84,900Couple, 5 children$94,500
An additional $7,131 family income can be added if the family contains a child who permanently uses a wheelchair.

Eligible projects

Refer to the RAMP Guidelines and Criteria for a full list of eligible projects.

To qualify, modifications must:

  • enable you to enter and move within your own living space
  • be permanent – RAMP will review requests for temporary modifications on a case-by-case basis
  • be made to properties in Alberta
  • be completed within 90 days of approval, unless authorized by RAMP

How to apply

Step 1. Read the guidelines

 RAMP Guidelines and Criteria

Step 2. Complete the application package

Refer to the table below to determine which application forms should be completed.

Applicant typeRequired form
All applicantsRAMP Application Checklist
RAMP Application Form
RAMP Modification Recommendation Form
Applicants who wish to allow the RAMP office to communicate with any third party (including the contractor or rehabilitation professional) on their behalfConsent to Disclose Personal and/or Health Information Form
Applicants who reside in a rental property, co-op or colony or who live in a family member's residenceLandlord Property Modification Agreement Form
Applicants who reside on a First Nations reserveBand Council Resolution Form
Applicants who are under a sponsorship agreement to reside in CanadaSponsor Income Verification Form

Step 3. Apply

Send your completed application forms and supporting documents to:

Seniors, Community and Social Services
PO Box 808 Edmonton Main
Edmonton, Alberta  T5J 2L4
Email: [email protected]

Incomplete applications will not be processed. Refer to the application checklist for a list of all required forms and information before submitting your application package to RAMP.

After you apply


You should receive a letter in the mail notifying you of the funding decision within 30 days of applying. Your application will be prioritized if you have indicated you are awaiting hospital discharge or are in palliative care.


RAMP does not have an appeal process.

You can reapply by updating your application with new or additional information, sending it back and asking for your application to be reassessed.


Connect with RAMP:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-5760 (Edmonton and area)
Toll free: 1-877-427-5760 (Alberta)
Email: [email protected]

Seniors, Community and Social Services
PO Box 808, Edmonton Main
Edmonton, Alberta  T5J 2L4

Advocate for Persons with Disabilities

If you are part of the disability community in Alberta and need advocacy support to navigate and access government or community resources, contact the Advocate for Persons with Disabilities at 780-422-1095.