You can search for protected motor vehicle information if you:
- are requesting your own information
- are allowing someone else to request your information with your written consent
- have an approved Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation (AMVIR) Agreement and valid account number
- have a court order
- are a bankruptcy trustee
For detailed information and instructions on how to request information, please refer to the documents below or contact a registry agent for assistance.
AMVIR controls the release of information by the Registrar to recipients with an AMVIR authorized purpose through AMVIR Agreements.
All employees of an organization that require access to motor vehicle information are required to read the AMVIR Recipient’s Employees Code of Conduct Regarding Access to and Release of Information (PDF, 67 KB), hereafter called "the Code."
The Code is part of the Policies referred in the AMVIR Agreement. This Code and any subsequent versions published on the Registrar’s website come into full force and effect and apply 30 days after the date of publication.
As of July 24, 2017, any individual having access to motor vehicle information is required to sign the Recipient's Employee Code of Conduct Acknowledgement Form, hereafter called "the Code Acknowledgment."
By signing the Code Acknowledgment the individuals agree to:
- consult Registrar’s website at least one time per month,
- read and comply with any changes in the Code, applicable legislation, or Policies, and
- be bound by the current version of the Code published on the Registrar’s website.
Note: A version of the Code Acknowledgement form A-003 was published on the Registrar's website on July 24, 2017. When there are no changes in their information, any individual that has completed and signed the previous version of the form (2016/10) is not required to complete and sign the new version: REG11355 (2017/02).
Access and Release of Motor Vehicle Information Policy (PDF, 398 KB)
Driver’s Abstracts: Information Sheet (PDF, 50 KB)
Access to motor vehicle information forms
- Use when doing an in-person request
- Use for a request when you are out of the province
- New as of July 24, 2017
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.