Report all changes
To avoid an overpayment or underpayment, report all changes to your situation to your Income Support worker as soon as possible.
Contact your Income Support Worker changes in your:
- medical condition
- number of children/dependents
- marital or relationship status
- children turning 18 years old
- ability to work or take training
- assets you or your spouse or partner have
- income you or your spouse or partner receive
- eligibility for health benefits from another program
- address, phone number or other contact information
- location if you, your spouse/partner or dependent children:
- move to another home
- leave Alberta for more than 30 days
- move away from Alberta permanently
- stay in hospital, or live in a nursing home,
- mental health facility, group home or prison
If you are not sure if a change will affect your benefits, contact your Income Support worker.
Contact your Income Support worker for all related Income Support questions.
If you do not know how to reach your worker, contact your local Alberta Supports or Alberta Works Centre.
24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre
Get emergency financial assistance to help with basic needs like shelter, food, clothing and transportation.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.