COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Any Metis Settlements land interests, including plans, must be filed with the Metis Settlements Land Registry.
Filing a plan with the Alberta Land Titles Office is not sufficient for registering an interest in Metis Settlements land.
Any plan of survey registered under the Land Titles Act is of no effect unless it is filed with the Metis Settlement Land Registry.
The following documents are part of the Metis Settlements Land Registry, Registrar’s rules.
- Surveys — Examination of Plans (Procedure# SUR-1)
- Surveys — Appendix A – Examination of Plans (Sur-1.1)
- Surveys — Examination of Subdivision Plans (Procedure# SUR-2)
- Surveys — Examination of Consolidation Plans and Plan of an Existing Parcel (Procedure# SUR-2.1)
- Surveys — Examination of Descriptive Plan (Procedure# SUR-3)
- Surveys — Examination of Road Plans and Other Public Works Plan (Procedure# SUR-4)
- Surveys — Examination of Right of Way Plans, Related Site Plans and Miscellaneous (Procedure# SUR-5)
- Surveys — Plan Corrections (Procedure# SUR-6)
- Surveys — Road Closures (Procedure# SUR-7)
- Surveys — Natural Boundary Changes (Procedure# SUR-8)
Connect with the Metis Settlements Land Registrar:
Metis Settlements Land Registry
Suite 201, 10335 172 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1K9
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.