A person who wants to become a member of one of the 8 Metis Settlements must apply to one of those councils for membership approval.
In order to be considered for membership, the applicant must:
- have Canadian Indigenous ancestry
- identify with Métis history and culture
- be 18 years old
- have been a member of a Metis Settlement or have lived in Alberta for the past 5 years
- have or will have suitable living accommodation in the Settlement area
- be committed to living in the Settlement area and preserving a peaceful community
For current members, send us an email with your updated contact information to [email protected].
Apply to the desired Settlement Council.
Consideration of application by the Settlement Council.
Decision on the application by the Council – A Settlement Council must consider every application for membership made to it within 90 days of the application being received at the Settlement office.
Connect with Metis Settlements Land Registry – Membership:
Metis Settlements Land Registry
9th Floor, Forestry Building
9920 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2M4
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.