The Rail safety bulletins cover spark arrestor safety, icing safety and Rail Car Mover (RCM) wheel gauge safety.
For the use by railways for educational purposes with the permission from the American Association of Railroads and the Transportation Technology Center Inc.
Disclaimer: The use of the video is for information only. It is not a substitute for training. The content is neither implied or that the content is presupposed to be accurate. The user shall indemnify and defend Alberta Transportation and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, representatives, and assigns and hold them harmless from and against any and all claims, judgments, liabilities, damages, penalties, losses, cost or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred in connection with any act or omission, negligence, recklessness, trespass, breach of contract or tort (intentional or otherwise), breach of statute or other legal wrongdoing of any kind by the user of the video. Read our complete disclaimer.
Forms and resources
- Monthly Track Inspection Form (XLS, 29 KB)
- Monthly Turnout Inspection Form (XLS, 31 KB)
- Rail Safety Client Satisfaction Survey (PDF, 678 KB)
- Equipment movement by winch/capstan/vehicle utilizing a cable and hook arrangement
- Alberta Provincial Rail Network Map (PDF, 2.5 GB)
- List of Protective Directions issued by Transport Canada
Read the Railway (Alberta) Act and Regulations.