The Consular Corps of Alberta comprises the career and honorary consular officers resident in the Province of Alberta, representing countries from all areas of the world. In addition, certain consular officers who are located outside of Alberta have jurisdiction in the province.
For information on consular officials please refer to the Government of Canada website for the most up to date consular listings.
Alberta's consular officers:
- promote their country's trade, culture and tourist attractions in Alberta
- assist citizens of the country they represent
- administer oaths, legalize foreign documents, provide certificates, renew passports for their citizens, and provide visas to Albertans wishing to visit their country
Heads of Consular posts are divided into 4 main classes, namely:
- Consul General
- Consular Agent
Career consular officers
Career officers are professional diplomats who are sent from their home countries to act as a representative in Alberta.
The career consular officers in Alberta are:
- United Kingdom, Ms. Caroline Saunders, Consul General
- People’s Republic of China, Ms. Xu Lu, Consul General
- Japan, Mr. Shigenobu Kobayashi, Consul General
- Republic of the Philippines, Mr. Zaldy Patron, Consul General
- Republic of Colombia, Mr. Jorge Huberto Guzman-Gonzalez, Consul General
- United States of America, Ms. Lucia Piazza, Consul General
- Ukraine, Mr. Oleksandr Danyleiko, Consul General
- El Salvador, Vacant, Consul
- United Mexican States, Vacant, Consul
The Dean of the Calgary Consular Corps is Ms. Caroline Saunders, Consul General of the United Kingdom.
Directory of career officers in Alberta (PDF, 351 KB)
Honorary consular officers
Honorary consular officers are Canadian citizens who have been asked by a country to be their representative in Alberta. The Government of Canada must approve all career and honorary consuls and consuls general.