Plumbing code bulletins available through Open Government records:


All variances are available through Open Government records:


Notices related to plumbing codes:


Receive bulletins by email for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or province wide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act.

Forms and reports

Certified contractors

Contractors may require a Restricted Certificate of Competency “R” for sewer and water services in Alberta.

Contractors who hold a Private Sewage Certificate “PS” or a Restricted Private Sewage Certificate “RPS” are also qualified to install sewer and water services in Alberta.


For questions about safety codes, see Safety codes – Contact options.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.

You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.