The plumbing discipline establishes and interprets the codes, standards and respective regulations under the Safety Codes Act.
Municipal Affairs works with the Safety Codes Council to develop and provide information to the plumbing industry.
Code in force
The plumbing discipline code currently in force is:
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2020 – in force on April 1, 2023
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 – In force from on January 1, 2017 to March 31, 2023
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010 – In force from September 7, 2012 to December 31, 2016
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2005 – In force from September 2, 2007 to September 6, 2012
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 1995 – In force from November 1, 1997 to September 1, 2007
Connect with us if you have questions about safety codes:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.