Hay cutting permits allow the Alberta government to track requests and coordinate activities that may occur within the highway right-of-way, such as highway:
- construction projects
- maintenance activities, such as mowing and vegetation control
- during haying operations, all bales and equipment within the highway right-of-way must be stored as far away from the road surface as possible
- all operations must be completed between August 15 and September 15, depending on where you are located in the province (contact your local District Office for more information)
- all bales and equipment must be removed from the right-of-way once haying is completed
- due to potential hazards of working within a highway right-of-way, insurance may also be required
How to apply
Hay permits are issued free of charge.
Contact the appropriate District Office for a permit application.
For more information about highway development and permits:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.