The purpose of an Information Bulletin is to notify industry regarding items such as proposed changes to legislation, regulations or operating procedures with the intent of notification and / or soliciting feedback; new programs or changes to existing programs, projects, services, strategies or organizational structures; and industry participation in department initiatives.
Information bulletins are available through Alberta’s Open government portal, they extend back to 1997.
You can subscribe to Gas Royalty information bulletins (GasRoyaltyIB), the link will launch a new message in your email application with pre-populated information. (subscribe to XX) When you send the email a confirmation email will be sent to you if you do not reply your request will be cancelled. For more information see our subscription page.
Information letters are available through a separate service, they notify industry of legislative changes, when letters are published a notification is sent to the subscriber list.
Older information bulletins
The following bulletins are now available through Alberta's open government website;
- Gas royalty operations information bulletin (January 2017- December 2010)
- Gas royalty calculation information bulletins (2010 - 2000)
- Gas operations information bulletin (August - November 2000)
Royalty training sessions
Alberta Royalty Framework (training Session materials Fall 2008)
- Natural Gas Deep Drilling Program NGDDP (November 12, 2008)
- New Royalty Formula presentation (November 12, 2008)
- Changes to Gas Cost Allowance (December 5, 2008)
- Production Allocation Discrepancy Reporting (June 19, 2012)
To contact Gas Royalty Operations:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: Edmonton managementInformation.email@example.com
Gas Royalty Operations
North Petroleum Plaza
9945 108 Street, 7th Floor
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G6
Pricing & Analysis
300, 801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3W2