- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Municipal Internship Program
The Municipal Internship Program is a partnership between Municipal Affairs, which funds and coordinates the program, and Alberta’s municipalities and planning service agencies which host interns in their organizations. The program offers recent post-secondary graduates employment and learning in the municipal field.
- Internships in Municipal Government (PDF, 644 KB)
Alberta Learning Information Service
Find career, learning and employment information at Alberta Learning Information Service. For careers in the municipal field, and education resources related to these, search “municipal” and “local.”
Career and Life Management (CALM)
The high school CALM course introduces students to career options. These resources support teachers and municipal officials in educating students about municipal careers.
- Municipal Government – Career Opportunities Presentation (PPTX, 2.3 MB)
- Municipal Government – Career Opportunities Student Workbook (PDF, 435 KB)
Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators
Making Life Happen
Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA) supports the 'Making Life Happen' resource which encourages youth to consider careers in local government.
Political Acumen Toolkit
CAMA has also created the Political Acumen Toolkit for municipal administrators and others to enhance their skills. Developing political acumen is a key competency when working in the public service.
- Rural Municipalities of Alberta Job Board
- Alberta Urban Municipalities Association Job Board
- Local Government Administration Association
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Civic Jobs
- Canadian Institute of Planners
- Canadian Public Works Association
Connect with the Municipal Sustainability Unit:
Municipal Services and Legislation Division
17th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L4