Government is undergoing a transition, including ministry changes. New ministry and cabinet information can be found on the Cabinet page.
Information about home warranties, and how these warranties affect builders, municipalities, rentals and real estate professionals.
Learn how you and your family can prepare yourselves for an emergency or disaster.
How municipal government and elections work and how the public can participate in government.
Municipalities are supported through grants like the Municipal Sustainability Initiative and Federal Gas Tax Fund.
Guides, information and legislation on how property assessment and taxation work.
Codes for a range of safety disciplines are used to keep the public safe in the places they live, work and play.
Bill 7 will let municipalities offer new property tax incentives to attract business, boost economic development and revitalize communities.
Provides industrial property tax relief to shallow gas producers affected by low market prices and protects municipalities from lost revenue.
Fire safety awareness
Protect yourself, your loved ones and your community by understanding fire safety awareness and being prepared at all times.
Support for municipal staff
Advisory services, training, internship programs and other tools are available to support municipalities in building and sustaining a strong local government.
Incident Command System
The Incident Command System is a standardized training system to help municipalities organize and manage a response to emergencies.
The ministry helps municipalities provide well-managed, collaborative, and accountable local government to Albertans. We also provide:
- funding supports for municipalities
- a system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
- a comprehensive approach to managing emergencies in the province through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- safety codes, standards, and supports under the Safety Codes Act
- management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province's three Special Areas
- independent review and decisions on local matters by our four quasi-judicial boards
- Jul 02, 2019
The Government of Alberta is acting swiftly to provide urgent, timely tax relief for shallow gas producers in dire straits.
- Jun 04, 2019
The Municipal Government (Property Tax Incentives) Amendment Act would revitalize municipalities by empowering them to offer stronger property tax incentives to business and industry.
- May 24, 2019
Residents of northwest Alberta who were evacuated under mandatory order due to wildfire will receive funding of $1,250 per adult and $500 per dependent child.