Government is undergoing a transition, including ministry changes. New ministry and cabinet information can be found on the Cabinet page.
Information about home warranties, and how these warranties affect builders, municipalities, rentals and real estate professionals.
Helping Albertans prepare, cope and recover when disaster strikes.
How municipal government and elections work and how the public can participate in government.
Municipalities are supported through grants like the Municipal Sustainability Initiative and Federal Gas Tax Fund.
How property assessment and taxation work, and information about the Assessment Services Branch.
Codes for a range of safety disciplines are used to keep the public safe in the places they live, work and play.
Cabinet ministers are in charge of specific government ministries and are responsible for policy matters and issues related to the day-to-day operation of government.
Send a message to Premier Jason Kenney, invite him to attend an event, or request a congratulatory message or scroll.
The ministry helps municipalities provide well-managed, collaborative, and accountable local government to Albertans. We also provide:
- funding supports for municipalities
- a system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
- a comprehensive approach to managing emergencies in the province through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- safety codes, standards, and supports under the Safety Codes Act
- management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province's three Special Areas
- independent review and decisions on local matters by our four quasi-judicial boards
- May 24, 2019
Nearly 400 firefighters, 28 helicopters and eight air tankers continue to battle northwest Alberta wildfires. Evacuees can sign up for financial support Sunday.
- May 24, 2019
Residents of northwest Alberta who were evacuated under mandatory order due to wildfire will receive funding of $1,250 per adult and $500 per dependent child.
- May 06, 2019
Municipal Affairs Minister Kaycee Madu issued the following statement on Emergency Preparedness Week in Alberta: