Safety codes, standards and builder licensing requirements for professionals, municipalities and the public under the Safety Code Act.
Helping Albertans prepare, cope and recover when disaster strikes.
Municipalities are supported through grants like the Municipal Sustainability Initiative and Federal Gas Tax Fund.
Resources for municipalities including guides, information and legislation on how property assessment and taxation work.
New home warranty and builder licensing requirements to protect consumers and hold builders accountable.
Advisory services, training and other tools to help municipalities build and sustain a strong local government.
Bill 32 introduces a new permanent funding approach to help build infrastructure projects in Edmonton and Calgary.
Holiday season is fire season. Learn more about fire safety tips to help you and your family enjoy a safe and happy holiday this year.
The ministry helps municipalities provide well-managed, collaborative, and accountable local government to Albertans. We also provide:
- funding supports for municipalities
- a system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
- a comprehensive approach to managing emergencies in the province through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- safety codes, standards, and supports under the Safety Codes Act
- management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province's three Special Areas
- independent review and decisions on local matters by our four quasi-judicial boards
- Dec 18, 2018
To strengthen Calgary’s economy, the province is extending the Calgary Rivers District Community Revitalization Levy (CRL) to allow for the expansion of the BMO Centre and millions in infrastructure upgrades to East Victoria Park.
- Dec 14, 2018
While celebrating the holiday season, Albertans are reminded to keep fire safety in mind so their families stay safe.
- Dec 05, 2018
A new regulation will help communities improve their response to disasters by updating requirements for training, management plans and evacuation orders.