Information about home warranties, and how these warranties affect builders, municipalities, rentals and real estate professionals.
Helping Albertans prepare, cope and recover when disaster strikes.
How municipal government and elections work and how the public can participate in government.
Municipalities are supported through grants like the Municipal Sustainability Initiative and Federal Gas Tax Fund.
How property assessment and taxation work, and information about the Assessment Services Branch.
Codes for a range of safety disciplines are used to keep the public safe in the places they live, work and play.
The ministry helps municipalities provide well-managed, collaborative, and accountable local government to Albertans. We also provide:
- funding supports for municipalities
- a system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
- a comprehensive approach to managing emergencies in the province through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- safety codes, standards, and supports under the Safety Codes Act
- management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province's three Special Areas
- independent review and decisions on local matters by our four quasi-judicial boards
- Jan 23, 2019
A new program at Calgary’s Central Library will make Indigenous resources more accessible and help preserve history, culture and language.
- Dec 18, 2018
To strengthen Calgary’s economy, the province is extending the Calgary Rivers District Community Revitalization Levy (CRL) to allow for the expansion of the BMO Centre and millions in infrastructure upgrades to East Victoria Park.
- Dec 14, 2018
While celebrating the holiday season, Albertans are reminded to keep fire safety in mind so their families stay safe.