Nominations are now closed for 2019.
The Minister’s Awards of Excellence in Child Development recognize professionals who make life better for children and families. Nominating these professionals, teams and programs honours excellence in their field. Doing so also celebrates their outstanding work with children at programs licensed or approved by the Government of Alberta.
Nine awards are presented to child development professionals; with three awards in each category:
- Individual: A child development professional working with children
- Team: A team of two to four child development professionals working with children
- Program: An eligible program working with children that is licensed or approved by the Government of Alberta
All nominees and nominators will receive an email or letter confirming receipt of their nomination.
An Awards Selection Committee including past recipients, representatives from stakeholder organizations and government staff reviews all eligible nomination packages according to criteria specified in the nomination guidelines. The Ministry will contact award recipients directly once the selection process is completed.
Albertans are encouraged to nominate child development professionals.
The nominated individuals, teams or programs must:
- live and work in Alberta
- not be a member of the Awards Selection Committee
Eligible programs licensed or approved by the Alberta government include:
- day care programs
- out-of-school care programs
- family day home agencies/approved day home providers
- preschool programs
- early childhood services programs
- parent link centres
In 2019, the Alberta government received over 90 nominations from across the province. Congratulations to all of the nominees.
View list of Individual, team and program nominees (PDF, 147 KB)
2019 award recipients
Children's Services gratefully acknowledges Wintergreen Learning Materials for their generous support as the corporate sponsor for the Awards program.
If you have questions about the Minister’s Awards of Excellence in Child Development, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.