All driver training providers in Alberta must be licensed by the Government of Alberta. This list of licensed driver training schools in Alberta includes the name of the school, the type of instruction provided and contact information for the school.
Types of training
Driver training schools in Alberta are licensed to provide different types of driver training, including:
- Class 1 – Tractor Trailer
- Experience and Equivalency Class 1 – Tractor Trailer
- Class 2 – Bus
- Class 2–S – Bus including the school bus endorsement
- Class 3 – Truck (Single)
- Class 5 – Private Passenger Vehicle
- Class 6 – Motorcycle
- A – Advanced Driving
- C – Classroom Training
- D – Defensive Driving Course
- P – Professional Driver Improvement Course
- Q (endorsement) – Air Brake Program
- S (endorsement) – School Bus Driver Improvement Program
- X – Train the Trainer
The codes above reflect the legend included in the list of schools.
Connect with MLS and Licensing Standards:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
MLS and Licensing Standards
Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors
1st Floor, Twin Atria Building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.