These workshops are open to all library trustees and library managers.
Participants will learn:
- the Libraries Act, Libraries Regulation and other important legislation
- the structure of public library service in Alberta
- library board roles, responsibilities and relationships
- library board trustee roles and responsibilities
- other important issues such as finances and board effectiveness
Workshop fees and materials
There is no fee for the workshop. Participants will receive a workbook and other support materials, snacks and lunch.
Other meals, travel and any required accommodation will be the participant's responsibility.
Print copies of Library Board Basics: A Handbook for Library Trustees and Managers are available. If you would like a copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An email will be sent to all public libraries and boards when registration opens, approximately one month prior to the workshop date.
A confirmation of registration email will be sent to registered participants the Monday prior to the workshop.
Public Library Services Branch may use your email address to notify you of an emergency workshop cancellation.
Cancellation notices will be sent by email the day before the scheduled workshop.
Connect with the Public Library Services Branch:
803, 10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7