- Traffic Safety Amendment Act fact sheet.
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation
- Safety Board Appeal Fees Regulation
- Bill of Lading and Conditions of Carriage Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Certificate and Insurance Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Dimension and Weight Regulation
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation
- Demerit Point Program and Service of Documents Regulation
- Driver Training Regulation
- Drivers' Hours of Service Regulation
- Off-highway Vehicle Regulation
- Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation
Special vehicle zone maps:
- Service Restriction Regulation
- Traffic Control Device Regulation
- Use Of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation
- Vehicle Equipment Regulation
- Vehicle Inspection Regulation
- Vehicle Seizure and Removal Regulation
Read the NSC Cargo Securement Standard (PDF, 364 KB) on how to secure your goods properly.
Provincial offences procedure
- Procedures Regulation
Dangerous goods transportation and handling
- Dangerous Goods Transportation and Handling Regulation
- Public Railway Regulation
- Heritage Railway Regulation
- Industrial Railway Regulation
As a commercial truck or bus carrier, you may occasionally require advice when establishing or modifying safety and maintenance programs to ensure compliance with Alberta transport regulations or with the National Safety Code. For assistance, contact the sources of information below.
- Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA)
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Association Du Camionnage du Quebec
- Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association (APTA)
- British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA)
- Freight Management Association of Canada (FMA)
- Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA)
- Ontario Trucking Association (OTA)
- Saskatchewan Trucking Association (STA)
- Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
Connect with Carrier and Vehicle Safety and sign up for updates.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.