- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Red Tape Reduction – pending changes to legislation
The Government of Alberta recently introduced Bill 22: Red Tape Reduction Implementation Act, 2020. If passed, it would:
- repeal the Recreation Development Act
- amend the Surface Rights Act to:
- help impacted landowners receive the compensation they are owed for unpaid surface lease rentals sooner, and
- eliminate unnecessary processes to help the Surface Rights Board address backlogs, make clear who is currently operating an energy site and provide better service to landowners and energy companies.
Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) governs various pieces of legislation and policy.
The acts and regulations that relate to AEP can be found below.
- Alberta Land Stewardship Act
- Boundary Surveys Act
- Expropriation Act
- Forest Reserves Act
- Public Lands Act
- Surface Rights Act
- Surveys Act
- Wilderness Areas, Ecological Reserves, Natural Areas and Heritage Rangelands Act
- Activities Designation Regulation
- Administrative Penalty Regulation 23/2003
- Administrative Penalty Regulation 14/2007
- Alberta Land Stewardship Regulation
- Approvals and Registrations Procedure Regulation
- Code of Practice for Compressor and Pumping Stations and Sweet Gas Processing Plants
- Code of Practice for Exploration Operations
- Code of Practice for Land Treatment of Soil Containing Hydrocarbons
- Code of Practice for Pipelines and Telecommunication Lines Crossing a Water Body
- Code of Practice for Pits
- Conservation and Reclamation Regulation
- Conservation Easement Registration Regulation
- Edmonton-Devon Restricted Development Area Regulations Repeal Regulation
- Environmental Appeal Board Regulation